If there was ever a time that I felt so proud to go through rush and meet fantastic people, it would have been at preference night tonight. The sense of community that I got from these parties and the girls who hosted them convinced me that I have made the best decision of my life. Tomorrow when I reveal which one I have chosen, I will start on a new path in my life and I could not be more excited.

To give you a sense of preference night, I will tell you about the one where I have chosen to accept a bid. Like usual, we were greeted at the door in traditional rush fashion but tonight it was a planned meeting. The sorority was given a clipboard with the names of all of the girls attending the party so that way they could line themselves up in the correct order. I admire the girl who I talked to tonight. She is one of the sweetest people on campus and I had the best conversation with her. Over fake champagne (ginger ale) and cupcakes, we had what felt like the most natural conversation. After sitting down, she went to lead the preference night ceremony with two of her sisters. It was so beautiful and meaningful. Like a Seafarer candlelight service, the sisters sang to us between parts of the ceremony. And at the end, we were given a preference letter from one of the sisters who had gotten to know us well throughout the process. Even though we could not keep them, reading the letter proved to me that I had made the right choice and I left with a light, happy feeling in my heart. Upon signing some paperwork with one of the head Rho Gammas, my preference was sealed and set for tomorrow.
Tomorrow is Bid Day, the single most fun event during recruitment week. We will go to meet with our Rho Gamma groups to receive our bids (invitations to join) and then we go to the actual Bid Day Reveal. Nope, I am still not going to tell you about it yet. Just wait a few more hours and you will know. By 12:30 tomorrow afternoon, I will be a proud new member of a Panhellenic sorority, a dream of mine for many years.
Have a great night and rest of your weekend. I cannot wait to share my Bid Day experience with you tomorrow!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment