Language Translation

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Take Two

Today was my second first day of the second semester.  Remember August?  As of today I am enrolled in five classes: English Composition II, Finite Mathematics, Behavioral Classroom Management, Nutrition, and Lifespan Human Development.  I am very pleased with my teachers as they remind me of some of my family members and I am looking forward to getting to know them as the semester goes by.  Looking at the syllabi for my classes, it looks like I will only have 1 or 2 final exams meaning I get to go home early again!  I am not going home as early as last time because the exam(s) start and end on the fourth day instead of the second, which will actually give me plenty of time to pack up all of my stuff and go home for a few weeks before camp.

Yesterday and today I spent some time between classes in the Kappa suite getting to know some of my new sisters.  They have all been so welcoming to the new members and I am proud to be part of a sorority with such a strong sisterhood.  Last night we had a formal pledging ceremony, where we wore white dresses with heels and pledged our names to the Delta Kappa chapter before receiving our New Member pins.  Once the ceremony ended, we went back into the suite where two fraternities came to promote their upcoming philanthropy events, and one even baked us cookies!  Tonight we had a new member meeting with our pledge class mom and some of the e-board members so that we could learn about Kappa during the new member period.  We will also be hearing from our first round of temporary bigs, our "Owl Pals", very soon.  With these girls, we will expand our friendship with other sisters and eventually pick our official bigs before big-little week in February.

The Bid Day tunnel that greeted me after I revealed to Panhellenic that I was a Kappa Kappa Gamma.
Also today was the first Panhellenic T-Shirt Tuesday on campus, and it was cool seeing where all of my friends ended up.  As suspected, we all ended up in different sororities, but I am so happy where I ended up and have no complaints.  I was so proud to sport my KKG bid day shirt and got to know more sisters walking to and from classes.  And on another happy kappa note, my new sister Maddie taught me how to snap tonight!  Well, it only happened one time, but I think with practice I can nail it down soon, which is important because during meetings we snap instead of clap.

I hope that you have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Kappa Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment