When I first got a facebook in 2008, I used to play a game called Sorority Life. Essentially there was no real point to the game other than a bunch of silly stuff that could even pass as a facebook app. A few months later, I deleted the app and began to observe my school and camp friends transition to college life and rush new sororities instead. When I came to Miami four, I knew that we had spring rush and waited patiently as I watched all of my classmates and closer friends rush at their respective schools. Over break, my mom and I shopped for days trying to find the perfect outfits after I attended multiple sorority meet and greets in the fall. When I got back to school, the recruitment process began and I spent days looking for my new home away from home. Going through the process and choosing Kappa Kappa Gamma is the best decision that I have made this year and no part of it compares to the app I played on facebook years ago.
![]() |
| We don't know who put this up, but it was definitely a highlight of the week walking by it every day. |
This banner right in the middle of campus represents a million reasons why I love my sorority. First of all, I have never met a more enthusiastic group of girls in my life who wanted to get to know my entire pledge class. We were welcomed on bid day with screams, hugs, and cheers (see below). This sign just tops all of that off. And then at the beach, we spent the entire afternoon together doing a million different things. Kids stopped to take pictures of us because they thought we were celebrities. And believe me, I certainly felt like one! We had a formal pledging ceremony and got to stay for a part of the chapter meeting, where fraternities brought the new members cookies. In our new member meeting and basically all week, members have been telling us how happy they are that we rushed Kappa. I try to spend time in the suite every day so that I can get to know my sisters even better. With a million facebook requests and tags it is hard to figure out who I know and don't yet, but I am definitely getting there.
![]() |
| Bid Day! Kappas love rushing the Rock to pick up their new members and we loved all of the enthusiasm that came along with it. |
![]() |
| Baby Kappas in the suite with our new swag bags on bid day before going to the beach! I love PC'13 so so so much. |
![]() |
| Kappa Kappa Gamma, Delta Kappa chapter celebrating at Key Biscayne on Bid Day. It was absolutely perfect. |
Tonight, two of my sisters Alix and Danielle have invited me to their sorority family dinner before we go to a fraternity reveal later. And who knows what the rest of this weekend will bring? I'm happy that it's a long one and I might spend even more time with my new sisters. I absolutely love my new sorority life. Can you tell?
Have a great weekend!
Kappa Love,
Hannah




No comments:
Post a Comment