I got back to campus around 1:00 after an hour and a half on the train and twelve metro stops. Walking back through the gates I breathed a sigh of relief to be "home" even though I had an incredible time with my family. Then as an even better surprise, I came home to find three packages waiting for me at the front desk. The first was my Taylor Swift RED bonus cd with a bracelet, poster, and vinyl cling sticker. The second was a Taylor Swift special magazine from my mom with an adorable lyric card. And the third was a gift bucket of Halloween sugar cookies from Cheryl's, a family favorite from home. After unpacking and working on same major assignments, I went for a run outside. It was beautiful out-warm and breezy-and I ran about five kilometers around the campus loop. I even tried the Nike+ app on my phone with my new Nike Free 3.0 shoes to track my pace. And even though I am not in the same shape that I was last year following cross-country season, I still consider it an accomplishment to run that much when I usually only go a mile or two on the treadmill each day at an easy pace. I met my friend Minnie for dinner immediately after and now I am listening to my new CD before showering and putting away the laundry that I did about three or four days ago but never put back. Tonight we are decorating our MT7 pumpkin for the Hecht Halloween contest!
It looks like a busy week, but that's okay by me. I have meetings in every single student organization that I am a member of but no major assignments due because I was slammed these last two weeks. It will be nice to have a break before final papers are due and I am studying for finals. Can you believe that this Thursday is November? I am even more shocked because I get to go home three weeks from this Wednesday-I booked my shuttle last night from campus to the airport. Then there is a week of classes before reading days and my two finals. I get home early in December and will have a full month off before I come back to campus for rush. What an exciting few months it is going to be!
If two and a half months ago you had told me that I would be having the time of my life, be part of some of the best organizations on campus, enjoying my classes, and making great friends, I would have told you that that would be obvious and a typical college experience.
Well, it is obvious. And true.
Have a great week, everyone, and a few days of wonderful fall weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment