Language Translation

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Meanwhile, after class...

As they say at good ole Camp Seafarer, "the sun may set but the fun never ends."  How true this is-nightlife in college is just as integral as the homework and classes.  There is always something going on, and tonight I had the opportunity to participate in not one but TWO very fun and informative events here on campus.  In fact, both were within 100 feet of my dorm building-awesome, right?

1) The "Meet the Greeks" Panhellenic Ice Cream Social was even better than I expected.  I met girls from all seven sororities on campus and enjoyed some delicious cookies and cream ice cream!  It made me even more excited for rush, which will be in January.  Informative and fun, I cannot wait for more!  I have been looking forward to rushing a sorority since I was a little girl, and each day is one closer to bid day, which I have heard is so much fun!  Be expecting a daily rush report come January, the week before classes start after winter break.



2) The Hecht College Council meeting was also fun and informative.  I have enjoyed getting to know people in the dorm through this organization which meets biweekly.  We discussed the homecoming activities, Canes Spirit Cup, the Saturday evening game watch and bbq (hey-it's against ND and in prime time!), holiday decorations, a new umbrella rental service, and broke out into mini groups to get to know each other better.  I am super excited for homecoming-I was on the banner committee which decorated the glorious banner to hang in the breezeway by the UC, and it is awesome (pics to come).  I will also be a parade street volunteer, which means I get yet another free t-shirt and basically manage the whole parade with reps from other dorms and organizations.



So yes, the awesomeness does continue on into the night.  I guess that is a luxury considering we live here and everything is so close where at home, school took up most of the day and activities were during breaks or after school.  Needless to say, I am LOVING my college schedule, which allows for more free time than most seniors even have, but cannot believe that the semester is (almost) half over!  I made my 2nd semester advising appointment today...wait what???  Already?  Before we know it, it will be fall break (one day), Thanksgiving break, finals, and then winter break!  And I finish my last final super early so that means an extra long winter break...this is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment