Hahaha I was right-24 hours later, I'd be blogging again. And it has been a mighty LONG 24 hours if I may say so myself. After studying for two hours yesterday afternoon in the library, I had UMX class and Public Speaking.
Then it rained...
And after class I went right to the dining hall for a quick dinner, trying something new. For the first time in my (eating) career, I tried Indian chicken with curry sauce and Basmati rice. And it was actually really good!
...then it kept raining...
After dinner, I met my friend Laura and TAL 103 classmate Megan in the lower lounge of the University Center for a study group for our exam, which was at 11:00 this morning. We were there for 3 hours studying psychosocial and moral development, special education legislation, ethical issues, and behavioral learning theories, all of which were on the test. About halfway through we got a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream: cookies and milk, which is my new favorite with vanilla ice cream, thick swirls of cookie dough, chocolate chips, and a fudge ripple. That kept us awake for quite some time as we reviewed everything multiple times and attempted to memorize charts and facts before sorting questions into possible essay topics.
...and then it stopped raining.
Once I got back to my dorm, I needed a little bit of a break so I did some organizing and rearranging. I am still trying to figure out what works best and looks best and took some ideas off Pinterest and different magazines. I even tried some classic home remedies to make the room feel more homey. I have rearranged the Christmas lights to surround the bed area and strung the other set through the other lofted bed so that there is a light over the couch.
After more studying, I hit the sack around 1:00 this morning and woke up at 7:30 to do more studying! My English class was cancelled, so this gave me even more time to review from 7:45 to 9:00 and 9:45-10:45 before class. I am so relieved to be done with this test, especially because we only have one left and I can enjoy the rest of homecoming week. Tomorrow is spirit day, Hurricane Howl (carnival-yay!), and the parade, which I am excited to be working. And tomorrow night, Laura and I are baking my absolute favorite dessert ever-Cookie Oreo and Brownie Bars!
Saturday is the game against FSU, and campus is going to be closed by 4:00 in support of the game. Everyone is extremely hyped up, and there are lots of tailgates to celebrate.
But on Sunday reality will settle in again because I'll be having another similar work week next week. No need to worry, though, because I'm done with classes at 12:15 next Thursday and will be on FALL BREAK! It will be nice to have a break from school, even if it is only one day. It is hard to believe that the end of October is coming so soon, and then it will be Thanksgiving and then FINALS! Wow. Well, I'm going to get started on some work so that I can enjoy my favorite TV show tonight-Glee-and be able to enjoy the rest of the night. Have a great rest of your day, and I'll be blogging this weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment