I have decided to do a monthly piece on the music that I listen to while I am here in college. This may end up more like an experiment: what does she listen to during study time? breaks? workouts? I have a feeling that it may be interesting to see what I listen to at different times in the year, and I plan to experiment with a few different genres. So for each month on the 1st or 2nd, I will give my "playlist of the month" and then halfway through (15th or 16th) each month I will give my "workout playlist" of the month because those two tend to differ. So, here goes for August 1-September 30:
Wobble (V.I.C):
not just because I like the dance to it, but it has an interesting beat with even more interesting lyrics. Not that I pay attention to those anyway, but you must learn the dance. If you don't know it, I'll take the liberty in teaching you. I had some pretty awesome teachers at the canoe hut.
All I Do Is Win (DJ Khaled): good power song for just about anything. And did you ever happen to notice that the line "we're like the U in the 80s" refers to UM? Yeah, check that out online!
Some Nights (Fun.): I like this song because it has a good beat and the collaboration of voices has a nice tone.
Good Time (Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen): I'm going to admit, I listened to this song at first because my campers really enjoyed it. And I like the dancey-upbeat feel to it. Very good for workouts and alarm clocks!
Wild Ones (Flo Rida feat. Sia): yes, an overplayed pop song on the Top 40 list from a few months back. But I have a personal connection to this song-after all, no one can pull of a flash mob better than SFPS and have the dance dedicated to them by the end of camp!
Paradise (Coldplay): we listened to this one all the time at the lake and it brings back some fond memories of hot summer days. The dramatic background music is cool, too.
Tongue Tied (Grouplove): this song just makes me really happy for some reason that I can't explain. To me, it sounds like a victory song, like when they sang it on Glee last season.
Begin Again (Taylor Swift): I love this song so much that I dedicated an entire post below to it. Look below for description.
Home (Phillip Phillips): I'll admit that I didn't watch any American Idol last year, but my co-counselor Sarah played this song every opening day eve. And I loved it.
Blown Away (Carrie Underwood): my friend Emily played this in my car on the way to the hotel for session break before starter camp. It has a country feel to it with the theme and background music. And another American Idol winner.
One More Night (Maroon 5): another one thanks to my friend Emily. She got me to appreciate Maroon 5's music, especially their non-radio singles. We would sing their music on the way to and from camp during time-off.
I hope that you enjoy this list. For anyone who might be questioning the amount of free time I have right now-I only had one class today because we have English writing appointments instead of class all week. And I worked out this morning with my friend Stephanie. So I've got some time to get work done before Relay for Life kickoff tonight at 6:00! Go Relay! Posts to come about that later tonight. Have a great day, everyone!











No comments:
Post a Comment