Language Translation

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

So Far So Great

I know this song may be extremely cheesy, but it describes exactly how I feel today!  Just hit play and keep reading.

In 24 hours I will be on fall break!  Yes!  I am very excited about this, but I need to focus in these next 24 hours so that I can fully enjoy the luxury of having a day off.

As you know, the farmers' market was today on campus!  Because I am going out of town for the break, I decided not to get anything.  I still have fresh fruit from last week that I keep in my fridge.  Did you know that refrigerating apples keeps them fresher for longer?  I have about 15 or so in mine.

I have been in an extremely great mood since last night when I decorated the Hecht lobby for Halloween with the decorations committee.  I could not have picked a better committee to volunteer as chair.  Last night the eight of us put up handmade decorations that we created on Monday, caution taped doors, put up colorful lights in the study room, and put fake spider webs in door corners.  It looks amazing!  We even took those plastic spider rings from cupcakes and put them in the webs.  Some of the RAs got in the spirit, too, and took out the giant U that we had on our homecoming float and put a fake spider web on it, too!  They had just come out of their staff meeting and were amazed at how awesome everything looked.  Next week we are having a pumpkin carving contest between each of the floors for different prizes and display opportunities.  As you can tell, I am very excited about this holiday!



Tonight I am going to a Victoria's Secret sponsored Guts-n-Butts class.  The first ten people there get free yoga pants.  Even if I am not one of the first ones there, I can still proudly wear my UMiami yoga leggings instead because they no longer sell them at Sunset Place.  Yes, I worked out this morning, but I am going to this class so that I can sleep in tomorrow morning and not have to worry about not exercising.  I think 2 hours in one day can make up the same time as 1 hour each for two days.


I am very excited to see these little nuggets tomorrow for fall break!  It is nice to have family so close to UM that I can visit in between visits home.  In fact, we are at the halfway point between parents' weekend and Thanksgiving, so this break was actually planned perfectly.  I am excited to travel by train for the first time!  Tomorrow I am literally leaving class at 12:15, grabbing a to-go lunch in the dining hall if I have time, and getting to the University metro stop by 1:15.  It is nice to be done with classes so early so that I can enjoy an extra half day of break.

As for me now, I am about to study for the last test that I have today at 5:00 (Public Speaking).  I am probably meeting two people from my class at 2:00 for a mini-study group because there is so much material to review!  Ah, the days of college tests.  This is the only test that we have this semester, so I guess that I should not complain.  Yay no final!

Have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment