Language Translation

Monday, October 1, 2012

Let the Rain Fall


If you're not from Miami (or anywhere in Florida for that matter), you may not know that it tends to rain just about every single day.  That being said, it is not an excuse to skip class!  I personally think that going to class while it is raining is nice because you have a dry space to sit until it clears up.  Plus, it is fun to see the people who are either A) running at full speed without umbrellas to get to class or B) walking at a leisurely pace with an umbrella, rainboots, or jacket.

Today it started to pour right when I was in Religion 101 and luckily I had my umbrella in my bag.  Even luckier is that I was not wearing a white shirt when it started to rain.  I guess that it has been a pretty lucky day so far-we'll just have to wait and see!  I'll need some of that luck when I present my speech today in public speaking.  It is our first graded presentation in front of the teacher and class, so fingers crossed that it goes well.  Right now it looks like I'll be in the dorm doing homework for a little bit while waiting for the storm to pass.  Apparently it is going to be raining all week, but no worries, no cloud can rain on any hurricane's parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment