Language Translation

Monday, October 29, 2012

Marvelous Monday

I absolutely love the four seasons, but attending a school in one of the southernmost cities in the United States makes this especially hard.  At the university and really all over south Florida, we get spring and summer year round with a light fall that lasts a short few months.  But I am happy with this settlement because when I go back to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving and holiday breaks, I get to enjoy the cold-er weather for a good amount of time until I am completely sick of it and ready to move on.  So it really is the best of both worlds.

Today is a classic university fall day.  The type of day that photographers take pictures of the thriving campus community sitting outside on a glider studying, walking to class with a backpack or tote bag and a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte in hand, or sporting the brand new or vintage crew neck sweatshirts with running shorts or jeans, running shoes or riding boots. The high today is only 73 and it is perfect.

I feel like a college student today.  After sluggishly getting out of bed at 8:30, I watched the Today Show while getting dressed and eating breakfast.  If you saw me today, you would think "classic Hannah" in my black and pink Nike shorts, Carolina blue long-sleeve Sanitary t-shirt, and new running shoes with my monogram paint-splattered backpack.  And I love it.  I do not have class until Public Speaking at 5:00 so I am currently sitting on the fourth floor of the library stacks in order to get some work done.  While my attention span probably will not make the four and a half hours that I have planned to do work this afternoon, I am certainly going to try.  I would study outside on a glider but it is incredibly windy with the outer remains of Hurricane Sandy taunting us.  But I am grateful for this hurricane, not because it is pounding the rest of the Eastern seaboard, but because of the beautiful cold front that she has brought us.  If only I was in North Carolina right now where it was snowing...I would be eternally grateful.

But right now as I close with my final thought, all I can think right now is how grateful I am on this marvelous Monday.  The weather is perfect, I am not too busy, I am having fun, and there is only one full month left of classes until final exams.  There is nothing to worry about right now.  It is not only a marvelous Monday but a completely perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment