This is the Merrick Building, where I have my two TAL classes each week. The School of Education is on the third floor, and this is the view from behind the school by the School of Business fountain.
I always eat dinner here in Hecht-Stanford Residential Dining Hall. It is very close to my dorm, and they always have a wide variety of options. I enjoy the stir-fry bar and grilled cheese sandwiches!
Oscar Dooly Memorial Building is the main classroom building here on campus in the College of Arts and Sciences. I have UMX and English Composition in Dooly, and all of the rooms are generic modern classrooms and teachers do not have assigned rooms, which is very different than high school. It is common for one room to have English, Portuguese, Physics, and Political Science all in the same classroom!
The Lower Lounge in the Whitten University Center has several comfortable couches for studying and catching up with friends. Pictured above are students watching Mitt Romney's program when he was on campus. There are also poster sales and other activities in here during the day.
The pool is a great spot to eat lunch, tan, or swim. After all, it is warm here year round! And you can see the four freshman residence towers in the background (Stanford Walsh, Stanford Rosborough, Hecht Pentland, and my home Hecht McDonald).
I have my religion class in the Learning Center, which houses lecture halls for classes with 65+ students. The rooms have pop-up outlets for computer charger plug-ins, soft spinning chairs, and projector televisions.
The Hurricane Food Court is stays busy with students and teachers who want the likes of Wendy's, Panda Express, or Mango Manny's for lunch. There is even a brand-new frozen yogurt cart, Red Mango, in addition to Jamba Juice, Salsarita's, Niko's and more!
I go to the Herbert Wellness Center almost every day and have enjoyed testing out all of its amenities. I try to do one group fitness class each week, and I just tried out Total Body Conditioning this afternoon with my friend Stephanie. The fitness floor has a ton of cardio machines and weight sets in addition to the strength and stretch mat. Upstairs is the basketball court and indoor track.
While we are anxiously awaiting the opening of the new campus Rathskeller, the gliders are an integral part of campus. You can always find students on these popular bench-style swings doing homework, eating a meal together, or just catching up. They are literally everywhere on campus, from outside the dining halls to the residential colleges.
The Otto G. Richter Library (Club Richter) is the spot on campus where everyone goes to study during the day, and it is open from 7:30-2:30 a.m. during the week. The noise level goes down as you go up. The bottom floor is the research commons area with over 150 computers and the printers are located here as well in addition to the copy machines and some study areas. There are individual study areas on both the first and second floors, and the back building is the stack tower, which is silent 24/7.
And at the end of the day, I enjoy walking back to my home, especially when I get this view from across the lake. I feel so lucky to be able to attend such an amazing school with a beautiful campus. And if you come visit me here, I will show you around to all of these beautiful places and the spots on campus that don't get this amazing publicity.










No comments:
Post a Comment