Language Translation

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Make It Great

Wow, it has been a long time since my last post-I don't remember if it was Sunday or Monday, but whatever day it was feels like such a long time ago!


I found this sweet envelope under my door this morning after I had the hardest time waking up.  7:00 is early for college, especially after going to bed shortly before midnight and when the storm shutters are completely closed.  I have absolutely no idea who put it there, but whoever did made my day.  The note quotes one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books-Oh, The Places You'll Go, a great camp devotion story, and whoever wrote it drew a beautiful scene from it, decorating it perfectly.

How else has today been great?  Well, it's Wednesday, which means FARMERS' MARKET!!!  yes!  Since my last class ends at 6:15 tonight and I don't plan to go back to the dorm until then, it would not have made sense to buy fruit or bread like I did last week.  I am still enjoying the fresh strawberries!  And because I didn't have my grocery bag, it did not make sense to buy vegetables, either, so I made a stop at the bakery table.  That may have been the best decision because today they were selling red velvet treats, my personal favorite!!!  I bought a red velvet chocolate chip brownie, which will be my reward if I can focus on my work for the next two and a half hours here in the library until my next class.  My taste buds are watering as I write, so it may be time to stop!  Ohhh, but it smells soooo good.

I plan to make the rest of the day great by finishing up some homework so that I can have a little bit of free time tonight before my Hecht College Council meeting, finishing my speech outline for public speaking class, and starting to prepare for midterms (insert a camp phrase: "oh boy, my favorite!:)!  But it shouldn't be too bad.  Next week is homecoming, but every exam and paper will be done by Friday, college-wide spirit day, and the football game vs. FSU.  But this weekend, it will be a camp divided as the mighty Hurricanes take on the UNC Tar Heels in a very important ACC match-up game.  So plug along, and Go Canes!  Have a great rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment